Sunday, October 31, 2010

historywillabsolvemike blogspot

http://historywillabsolvemike.blogspot.com/ 

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

John Sinclair

I became aware of John Sinclair in the late 60's through his work with the MC5. I had the good fortune to meet him tonight before his performance at the Tritone, accompanied by my friend of 38 years Elliot Levin and the amazing Mr. Marshall Allen, the 85 year old saxophonist that played for many years with the Sun Ra Arkestra. Although I have been keeping a very low profile, I decided to leave the Bunker after I saw Elliot earlier in the evening and heard he was playing with Marshall Allen and that the legendary John Sinclair would be reading his poetry. I am happy that I got up off my ass. I got a chance to talk to John and he is a great guy. You should check out his website and if you ever get a chance to hear him read, jump on it. He is nothing but authentic, the real deal Holyfield and it was a delight to make his acquaintance. Do yourself a favor and familiarize yourself with his story and his work.

I bought a copy of the John Sinclair Reader entitled IT'S ALL GOOD and I don't dare pick it up or because I briefly skimmed it earlier I know I'll be up all goddamn night. Who ever said that quality doesn't come out of Detroit? I'd certainly rather watch John perform than the Tigers or a Camaro.
Posted by History will absolve Mike
at 11:03 PM

John Sinclair
www.johnsinclair.us
www.DetroitLife313.com
www.RadioFreeAmsterdam.com
http://www.20tolife.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/John-Sinclair/132833609285

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, and for your feedback. Please support John Sinclair. Love, steve