Monday, July 18, 2011

"Give us a little background on the Cult Heroes…

I was in the White Panther Party during the ‘60s, working for John Sinclair. I was a roadie for the Up and I worked with the Stooges, the MC5 and the Rationals – a lot of the bands that were around back then. I did a brief stint in Lexington after they changed the pot laws. After that, I went back to working with music. I started my own band, brought my first guitar and started taking lessons, and I put together the Cult Heroes. That was in ’78. We played CBGB’s when we had been together for four months. We opened up for Destroy All Monsters in Michigan while I was a roadie for them. We played with the Ramones, Joan Jett, Oingo Boingo, the Dead Boys, Johnny Thunders, and we’ve toured and recorded, and onward through the fog.
http://blogs.metrotimes.com/index.php/2011/07/city-slang-cult-hero-hiawatha-bailey-talks-blind-pig/


FATTENING FROGS FOR SNAKES 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, and for your feedback. Please support John Sinclair. Love, steve